Fingopay is a revolutionary biometric platform that allows people to identify themselves and purchase products with their finger. Fingopay is based on proven Hitachi VeinID technology, which quickly identifies people based on the pattern of veins in their finger. Following successful trials in the UK and Europe, Sthaler is ready to build the next iteration of the Fingopay platform.
We’re looking for an experienced support engineer with a proven awareness of project management to join our Central London-based technology team our Fingopay product. As a start-up Sthaler needs a flexible hands-on support person with the ability to deliver excellent service up to a 3rd line level.
This is an amazing opportunity to shape the future of identify and payments at a pioneering fintech company.
As a proven service expert, you will have the ability to liaise with customers of all backgrounds and deliver right first-time support for our entire service catalogue. You will work closely with Sthaler’s internal teams delivering platform and pre/post-sales support. You should be able to work autonomously and confidently deal with external suppliers to deliver support in a timely and professional manner. Your expertise in retail support and innovative thinking will feed into the development of the product. Delivering excellent support is the primary function of this role.
- Support for our existing customer base.
- Understanding the current and future product life cycles.
- Ensuring all software is properly tested and documented for adoption into the live environment.
- Training of products to support and sales staff.
- Ensuring security is at the heart of everything we do.
- Pre & post-sales support.
- Field based deployments.
- Strong Point of Sale background
- Knowledge of software deployments
- Multiple O/S support
- History in PoS and application support
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures, especially MS Azure
- An open mind on technology and tools
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- The ability to work with people in different teams across the business
- Physical and wireless network technologies
- Excellent Windows Server knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to on-board support once delivered
- Exposure to Biometrics and/or payments desirable
You demonstrate technical / functional excellence.
About the Challenge
Sthaler has customers in the UK and Europe and now we are expanding. We are working on a new cluster deployment in Manchester which will incorporate multiple businesses complementing our existing install at Manchester City Football Club. To support this new implementation, we are developing a new cloud-based platform and are looking to revolutionise our existing product.
You bring people to life. You create vision, inspire great work, respectful of the needs of others as much as your own.
You rise to the challenge, possessing positivity.
You maintain the trust and confidence of your colleagues by developing strong relationships, listening to others and demonstrate consistency in words and actions.
You foster open communication, you put the needs of your, teams and colleagues at the forefront your focus, juggling workload to balance needs appropriately.
You tackle challenges and problems with fact-based decisions and analysis. You develop or improve existing and new ways of working.
Working Conditions & Benefits Package
Currently based in our We Work St Katharine’s Dock offices adjacent to Tower Bridge, 5 minutes from Tower Hill, this position is 5 days per week, Monday to Friday with flexible working hours subject to agreement and the project needs.
Part of this role will involve occasionally working outside of normal working hours to ensure business continuity.
Subject to project success, opportunities will exist for the right people to join Sthaler and be entitled to share in the success on a permanent basis.